http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-super-troopers-2-indiegogo-20150325-story.html
The 2002 comedy "Super Troopers" is finally on its way to getting its sequel. The group behind the film, Broken Lizard, raised $2 million off of the fundraising Indiegogo in only 24 hours. The studio has given them permission to make the sequel but they must fund it themselves. Donators were promised perks such as script access to a private stand-up show. They hope to start filming in the summer and for a release date in early 2016. This caught my eye because I loved the the film "Super Troopers" and hearing about a sequel is great news for me and millions of other viewers. It's nice to see the support of the consumers and their strong desire to see this film. As a filmmaker, I can learn how strongly people can become connected to films, whether it be a comical or deep connection, that they will even end up funding it to see it on the big screen one day. A question I do have is if they are funding it themselves and even with the donated money how will that setback some visions they may have for the film?
No comments:
Post a Comment