http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-oscars-documentary-shortlist-20141202-story.html
The 87th Academy Awards will take place on February 22, 2015. It's closer than we think. All kinds of movies have been hitting the big screen just in time for Oscar season. The categories range from best sound editing to best costume design to best actress. Among these is the award for best documentary feature. Only the best make this list every year and even being nominated is considered an honor. The academy has put 15 films on the academy shortlist as of now. This is important because out of these 15, a lucky five are on their way to becoming oscar nominations. Members of the branch have narrowed this down from 134 entries. "Citizenfour" directed by Laura Poitras and "Art and Craft" directed by Sam Cullman and others are a few among this shortlist. As a filmmaker, I should be attentive to the variety of films that get Oscar nominations because they got a nominated for a reason. Whether it was the beauty of their costume design or a monumental actor's performance, these type of films are the reason why filmmakers love what they do. As a student, it's always a good way to learn more about what I aspire to do. As a consumer, I now want to watch all the nominations so I can judge them on my own opinion and hope to marvel at them just the same. A question I do have is how have the films nominated changed over time other than just technological advances?
These academy awards are a good example of how far some talented filmmakers go and its a great thing to aspire to and also learn from.
ReplyDeleteIt's a great opportunity to see the films that are chosen as the best and to see how we can learn and maybe even take ideas from them.
ReplyDelete