Monday, November 24, 2014
Production Journal
So far, the project has not been going exactly as I had expected. Difficulties keep arising and fixing them sometimes is no easy task. The project as not been coming out as I had imagined creatively. There are ideas in my head that we haven't been able to process into reality. Lighting has been a way bigger challenge then expected. Manipulating the different lights to coincide with the outcome we imagine hasn't been going so great. So far, our opening scene has been the only one we've actually lit to our best ability. Creatively, I would like to say I contributed largely to that scene in the film. I wrote that scene in the script because I knew I wanted to start the film off with darkness. We lit the room with one light and I went over the shots with our DP and director. I learned the affect one light can really have if you manipulate it right. We pointed the light toward our main actor's face and cut it off with black wrap so you can see only a slash through his eyes. It has a lasting affect as you can feel the seriousness of the scene and whats about to happen next. Our other scenes have not been going so well though. Challenges that keep arising involve a variety of things. We need to become more organized with our shots and schedules. Lighting has been a huge challenge on this as well. We have tried to manipulate the lights in different ways from black wrap, gels, and umbrellas but we haven't been able to get the affect we really want through the camera. Creatively, I've been assisting on mostly every job there is. I helped the DP on some shots and ideas to try to present our ideas together with the director. I've also helped with lighting in different places trying to create shadows and a better contrast for the film. I believe we can do better though if we organize ourselves better and really stay on task. Creatively, I believe I should help more audio as well because I do have a few ideas for that as well. Overall, I believe this project can be a success if we all pull through and merge our ideas better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment