Thursday, December 11, 2014

Director Shawn Levy exits Warner Bros.' 'Minecraft' movie

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-director-shawn-levy-exits-warner-bros-minecraft-movie-20141209-story.html

Director Shawn Levy has parted ways on directing a Warner Bros.'s movie project by the name of "Minecraft."The studio had tapped Levy to direct the film but after a discussion with the game makers, he decided to leave. He directed "Real Steel" and "Night at the Museum" but I guess "Minecraft"didn't make the cut. He had developed a whole take on their vision for "Minecraft" but the game makers weren't happy with it. Levy mentions how he "felt he had a good approach, but they just weren't in sync." This caught my eye because I have heard about the development of this game into a movie which intrigued me. I always wondered where they were going to go with it but I guess I'm finding out later than I thought. Warner Bros.'s is moving quickly to find a new director though. As a filmmaker, it good to know which jobs are in the market and how quickly they can leave your grasp. It's also good to know the audience when a things like this, in this case a game, are made into big hit films. This game played by tens of millions of people is something to take serious and execute right. As a student, it's always good to learn what is interesting people nowadays and how it affects the films we make. A question I would have to be who will Warner Bro.'s ask to direct this movie next?

1 comment:

  1. I feel that a movie by minecraft would really make a lot of money because many kids play that game.

    ReplyDelete