Thursday, August 28, 2014

Emma Roberts, Kiernan Shipka Bound For Prep School Thriller ‘February’

http://deadline.com/2014/08/emma-roberts-kiernan-shipka-february-toronto-826267/

This article explains a new film to be released starring Emma Roberts and Kiernan Shipka. The film is called February. They give us a brief summary of the film. They describe it as a horror thriller involving a girl being "possessed by an unseen evil force." Not the most original idea but what is anymore. Then, they end the article with a little bit about the crew. This caught my eye because new movies bring new ideas to the screen. I love to be aware of the next thrilling film that comes out and especially who's acting in it. This impacts me as a filmmaker because I'm curious to see Robert's new role and the dynamic she has to take on it as it is a horror film. I've enjoyed some of Emma Robert's past roles, one just recently in American Horror Story, so I wonder if she can pull off horror just as well. Also, this is supposed to mark Osgood Perkins' directing debut so I would like to see this man's techniques and work on this film.  As a student, it is always good to learn from different ideas from different directors. As a consumer, this helps me see if I should even go and see the film. I love the actors they have but what actually catches my eye is the fact that Bryan Bertino is helping produce the film and I myself am a fan of The Strangers, a film he directed. A question I do have though is Perkins ready to direct this film and bring his ideas to life? This debut could either fail him or lead him on a path further into the film industry.

2 comments:

  1. I've also enjoyed Emma Roberts passed role in American Horror Story, I'm not exactly sure how she's going to pull of this role since she hasn't had a lot of experience in the horror movie field besides American Horror Story, I'm hoping she will do as great as she did on AHS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma Roberts is a great actor, I'm sure she will pull off this role just as good as her other roles.

    ReplyDelete