Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Chloe Grace Moretz explores young love and loss in ‘If I Stay’


http://www.dailynews.com/arts-and-entertainment/20140818/chloe-grace-moretz-explores-young-love-and-loss-in-if-i-stay

The article explains Moretz's newest role in a the film, "If I Stay". They give us a brief summary of the story behind it and its comparison to other teenage book films such as "Divergent" and "Twilight". The director explains that it isn't just a film for sappy teenage girls but has a deeper meaning including a strong sense of family to it. He also says," The movie is about life. It's not all about death." We learn how Moretz prepared for the role and her relation to the character. They end it with a small background on Moretz's latest and current accomplishments.  This caught my eye because it has been a widely advertised film and book lately. I liked to learn more about the actor who has stepped up to this role and how. This article impacted me by showing me the smallest bits of this industry such as the things actors do to prepare a role and the spotlight and pressure that is on them the entire time. As a student, it's hard to think a girl only a year older than me is already accomplishing great things. As a consumer, it makes me want to see the film more as I now know the preparation and work she has brought to it. As a filmmaker, it helps me realize the type of actors one wants to transfer their passion to and want to see and need in our films. We want someone who can become the character, someone who is willing to and ready.  A question I would have though are the other actors just as dedicated and clearly understand the concept of the film? Everybody's part is needed to bring together this strong dynamic story to life in a brilliant way.

11 comments:

  1. I was thinking of watching the movie, but I think I need to read the books first to see the relation it had from book to movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though some people are actors I think we really don't appreciate how they play their part in the role. Yes one does need cameras, lighting, editing, and so much more. But we really don't see how the actors made the movie come alive, they need to work very hard so that we can see the real side of the character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although this movie does appear to be the typical Twilight love story, I do believe the director that this movie will be different. Just from the trailer,it seems to truly express love in a way other films haven't. Maybe this will be the new Fault in Our Stars..

    ReplyDelete
  4. After watching this movie yesterday, the director is right its not about death its about life. The actors in this movie express their love for each other and make everything seem so real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on how the accomplishments of this actor have been made at such a young age and how its so hard to grasp. Its nice to see young actors dedicated and compassionate about the work they do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you checked the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes? Never underestimate the ratings by Rotten Tomatoes. The only reason why is standing at 41% is Chloë Grace Moretz is a pretty great young actress. The rest goes under.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you think that Moretz, being the actress of Carrie, is going to have an impact on the film? As in veiwings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you, now that I know that this movie isn't just a teenage love story I'm more interested in seeing it. It also surprises me that someone near our age can accomplish that much as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that seeing as Chloe is only a year older than us has accomplished this much in a short period of time. But it also surprises me when the writer says that it's not just about death because of the trailer that's what it's portrayed as, a dark love story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that the movie will have success considering the main character is very much our age and will have a greater impact on the work since most of it is populated by teens .

    ReplyDelete
  11. This film actually does catch my attention unlike your ordinary love story, but i think i should first read the book because i enjoy looking and studying why the director makes changes from the book and why.

    ReplyDelete